Mitchell Conservatorium is a foundation member of the Association of NSW Regional Conservatoriums, and is committed to furthering the enjoyment of, appreciation for and access to quality music activity for its communities.
Mitchell Conservatorium classes are offered in both one-to-one and group settings including:
• Formats for remote students, via videoconferencing and Skype.
• Vocal and instrumental tuition classical to rock
• Early childhood music
• Music therapy
• Musical interests range from classical to rock.
• Mitchell Conservatorium is staffed by over 50 professionals who teach students of all ages and stages.
• Extensive in-school programs
• Bands and choirs
• One-to-one and small group tuition
• Curriculum delivery and professional development for teachers.
• Broad range of concerts
• Workshops led by notable local and international musicians
• Conservatorium ensembles perform regularly throughout the region for both private and public functions.
• A support base for affiliated community groups such as the Bathurst Chamber Orchestra, the Allegri Singers and the Bathurst City RSL Concert Band.
• Mitchell Conservatorium Gelin Chamber Music Academy
NSW Regional Conservatoriums
Growing from a handful of NSW State Conservatorium ‘music centres’ in the early 1970s, a highly professional network of 17 regional conservatoriums of music deliver quality music education and performance opportunities to over 20,000 school students and adult community members across the State.
Devised as a tool for providing quality music education opportunities for music students outside Sydney, the consequent network of Conservatoriums now provides extensive music education services that encompass individual and group specialist instrumental/vocal training, Early Childhood Music, ensemble programs. curriculum and classroom support in music, and professional development for generalist classroom, and studio music teachers.
As NSW’s largest regional employers of specialist music educators, regional conservatoriums are proud to play a significant role in the ongoing training of school and community musicians in all types of instrumental and vocal music.
NSW regional conservatoriums are your community music resource enhancing the quality of life in non-metropolitan areas. We support regional and remote communities with individual and group tuition, school curriculum and band programs, pre-service and in-service professional learning for teachers, and a range of life-long experiences and performances for diverse audiences.
NSW Regional Conservatoriums are located in the following regional cities and towns across regional NSW:
Murray Con – Albury , New England Con - Armadale and Inverell, Mitchell Con – Lithgow, Bathurst, Parkes and Forbes, Central Coast Con – Gosford, Coffs Harbour Con, South West Music – Deniliquin, Macquarie Con – Dubbo, Goulburn Con, Clarence Valley Con - Grafton Gunnedah Regional Con, Northern Rivers Con – Lismore, Orange Regional Con, Tamworth Regional Con, Upper Hunter Con – Muswellbrook, Riverina Con – Wagga Wagga. Wollongong Con, Young Regional School of Music.