Fees are payable in advance at the beginning of each term and enrolment is required for a minimum of one term. in addition to your student fees Mitchell conservatorium also invoice an enrolment fee of $40.00 which must be paid when first enrolling and is a once only payment for each student enrolled. A $22.00 Family Levy, one per family, is collected on behalf of the Friends of each Conservatorium. It is applied twice annually (GST incl.) and it replaces most fund raising activities. Online payment details are included on your invoices. Please also refer to our enrolment terms and conditions.
2017 term fees (based on an average 10 week term)
Mitchell Conservatorium reserves the right to update these prices and conditions from time to time.
All tuition prices GST free.
$40 (see conditions no. 3)
$22 (see conditions no. 4)
Individual vocal and instrumental tuition
60 minute - $ 712 per term
45 min - $580 per term
30 minute - $410 per term
Musicianship (60 min) - $123 per term
Early childhood music (12 months to 9 years)
60 minute pre-instrumental musicianship - $195 per term
45 minute pre-instrumental musicianship - $155 per term
30 minute pre-instrumental musicianship - $115 per term
Strings, woodwind, brass, jazz, guitar, recorder, percussion and vocal
School Groups (small 30 min groups) - $210 per term
20 min individual school rate - $300 per term
Auditions are usually held in Term 3 for students to be awarded a scholarship for the following year. Please check with your Conservatorium office, newsletter, your teacher or our web site.
ENROLMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Fees are payable in advance at the beginning of each term.
2. Enrolment is required for a minimum of one term. Three weeks’ notice must be given if not continuing in lessons (see Conditions 10 & 11).
3. An enrolment fee of $40.00 is payable when first enrolling. This is a once only payment for each student.
4. Family Levy (one per family) of $22 (GST incl.) is collected on behalf of the Friends of each Conservatorium at commencement of enrolment. It is applied twice annually and replaces most fund raising activities. (see Friends of Conservatorium on back page)
5. A non-refundable Account Reminder Fee of $10.00 will be applied to all accounts not paid in full by the due date. A $35 Late Fee may also be applied to any unpaid account.
6. Teachers’ lesson times are booked by the office. If a student is unable to attend a lesson, as a courtesy, please notify the teacher or the Conservatorium. However, be aware that when a student/parent/ guardian or school cancels a lesson - there is NO REFUND (except in special circumstances, such as illness/accident (supported by medical certificate), in which case the teacher may consider making up the lesson).
7. If a teacher cancels a lesson and cannot make-up the lesson, then the teacher will advise the office to process a refund. On this advice the tuition component will be refunded and it will show as a credit on the following Term’s invoice.
8. School group tuition is charged by the term. These sessions can include a combination of weekly group tuition with band workshops, band performances, assemblies and Eisteddfods. Therefore, any scheduled school group tuition missed will not be refunded.
9. The Conservatorium reserves the right to discontinue/reassign any groups with insufficient enrolments at any time.
10. Cancellation of Lessons by parent/student THREE WEEKS NOTICE IN WRITING must be given to the office to cancel lessons. Upon receiving advice that lessons are to cease the office must notify the teacher as soon as practicable. If student withdraws during a term with the appropriate notice, a refund will be made for lessons not received. If insufficient notice or no notice is received in writing, then fees cannot be refunded.
11. Notice of cancellation (not returning) for the next term/year. Each student enrolment continues from Term to Term and Year to Year. Therefore three weeks written confirmation to cancel lessons is required otherwise it is assumed lessons are continuing and fees cannot be refunded.
12. A student will not be permitted to continue in lessons when fees are overdue. This also applies if fees are unpaid on any other family member.
13. Upon payment of the current administration fee, $1 will be allocated to membership in Mitchell Conservatorium Inc. This entitles the signatory to attend the Conservatorium’s Annual General Meeting with full voting rights.
14. If lessons are booked, agreement to these Terms and Conditions is implied even if the Enrolment Confirmation & Media Consent Form is not completed, signed and returned. Use of Mitchell Conservatorium’s services implies agreement.
15. In the event of the Customer being in default of their obligation to pay and the overdue account is then referred to a debt collection agency, and/ or law firm for collection the Customer shall be liable for the recovery costs incurred and if the agency charges commission on a contingency basis the Customer shall be liable to pay as a liquidated debt, the commission payable by the Supplier to the agency, fixed at the rate charged by the agency from time to time as if the agency has achieved one hundred per cent recovery and in the event where the Supplier or the Supplier’s agency refers the overdue account to a lawyer the Customer shall also pay as a liquidated debt the charges reasonably made or claimed by the lawyer on an indemnity basis
16. Any concerns or grievances by parents/ students should be addressed in writing to the Executive Director.
INSTRUMENT HIRE $82.50 (GST incl.) Per term (plus a refundable deposit)
The Conservatorium has a limited number of instruments for hire to students enrolled in individual lessons. After an initial period of 12 months the instrument may be required to be returned to allow other students the same opportunity.
A refundable deposit of $77 on an instrument valued to $800 or $165 on an instrument valued over $800 is required before the instrument can be collected. The deposit will be refunded after inspection of the returned instrument. Any damage other than normal wear and tear is the responsibility of the hirer.
Auditions are usually held in Term 3 for students to be awarded a scholarship for the following year. Please check with your Conservatorium office, newsletter, web site or your teacher.
A limited number of bursaries are available on a financial needs basis. Please see your Conservatorium office for details & application forms.
Non-Profit Organisation & Refund Policy
Mitchell Conservatorium is a non-profit organisation with limited finances. If a teacher cancels a lesson and cannot make up the lesson, a portion of the lesson fee will be refunded and it will be credited to the next term. There are no refunds on school group lessons.
All Mitchell Conservatorium teachers have been screened by the relevant Child Protection Screening authority and undergo regular Child Protection Training.
Staff and parents must ensure that children and young people up to the age of 18 do not leave the Conservatorium building until a parent comes to collect them.
Permission for media appearances
From time to time the media approach the Conservatorium requesting co-operation in photographing, filming or interviewing students. The Conservatorium also seeks to promote the achievements of students by naming them in material provided to the media or by arranging for them to be included in photographs for newspapers and the Internet or vision for television stories.
The Mitchell Conservatorium’s Enrolment form contains a section titled “Permission for Media Appearances”, which allows you to either give or withhold your consent for various media outlets. This form must be completed each year to ensure our records are up to date and comply with each parent’s individual wishes.
The Enrolment Confirmation & Media Consent form must be signed, completed and returned annually.